There is no obligation to have permission to work in the UK in order to apply to the NOS. However, if you do not hold a valid UK or EU passport, you will need a visa to enter the UK and to take up your place at the NOS. Please be aware that the Home Office/UK Border Agency has rigorous conditions that need to be met before the necessary visa will be issued. Without this, you will not be able to take up your place at the NOS. If you are offered a place on the Programme and need a visa, the offer will be conditional and will only be confirmed if you are able to secure the necessary visa by 1st August 2018. For more information on visas see the relevant page on our website or visit